Monday, April 7, 2008

Mommyhood!


You always wonder when you're a Mom, if this is what you're really supposed to do. Being a Mom is hard work. You feel under appreciated, tired and like you just don't know if you can pick up the living room again for the 100th time today.
Listening to conference always makes me feel like I'm doing what the Lord intended for me to do. It's true what Elder Ballard said about having moments. Things can get pretty monotonous, but every once and a while you have a moment that reaffirms why you do this. One of the kids can say something, like "I love you Mom", or "Thanks for dinner" or "Do you believe in Santa Claus", and then mark your name on a list when you say yes. I wouldn't trade those moments for all the money or praise I could get from a job. I feel like there's nothing that will get me closer to perfection than being married and having kids.
I want to thank my Mom for being so great. She's the best Mom I could ever have and I'm grateful for all her sacrifices, I love you Mom. I also want to thank my Mother-in-Law. She's great and I love her for all the things she's taught me and I thank her for raising such a great son.

3 comments:

Tara said...

That is awesome! I am glad you wrote that. I think I needed to hear that today!

Kerri said...

That was a nice entry. I, too, loved Elder Ballard's talk. I felt like someone finally got it! IF only Paul wasn't on an airplane to Germany so he could have heard it. Oh well, I'll print it out, highlight it and leave it on the table, his nightstand, hang it on the fridge or something! You're a great mom.

The Jones :) said...

You are amazing!! I completely agree...I really needed to hear that talk...and I only have one kid!! :) Thanks for putting things so well...You're a great mommy!! :)
-Becki :)