Monday, October 6, 2008

Joe the Scarecrow!



Mike's family always used to do a scarecrow at their house. Of course they used a Freddy Kruger mask as his face. We have continued the tradition when we moved into our house. I think the first year it was a painted milk jug. Now we have moved to a broken soccer ball on a piece of broken PVC pipe, with old clothes stuffed with newspaper. He has been named Joe the Scarecrow. While we were stuffing Camille was in "Camillee heaven" which is in the middle of all these newspapers that she can actually touch and tear. She had fun. The kids love to build the scarecrow, it's their favorite part of fall.

4 comments:

Amy Bogart said...

Very cute! Your kids will take that tradition with them. So special!

Jeff and Lacy said...

That is so cute. I can't believe how big Camille is getting! And, I love that quote from Logan, your kids say the cutest things.

Kerri said...

Memories--we also make a scarecrow every year in continuing our family tradition! Yours looks a lot better than ours last year. It always comes in handy at the trunk or treat for one of our trunk decorations.

natalie brady said...

What a fun tradition! My dad always made a dummy he called 'Lester the Louse', and he put a microphone in it to talk to the trick or treaters. I love Halloween!