Monday, July 14, 2008

1st Reunion of July!

We went to the Larsen reunion this last weekend. Ruby's Inn, in Bryce Canyon. It was a lot of fun. It was a pain to pack and get ready with Mike always working on his parents sprinklers, but after some yelling and tears. Mostly mine, we got on the road. It was a good drive with the kids. At the campground we played some games, and socilized and made some jingle boxes for the church's humanitarian effort. Plus I think I ate way too many Oreo's. But they were so good.

We also went on this really cool hike. It was the Navajo loop. It was cool to go down into the mountain and see the hoodoos from down low. The kids had a blast. I had to stop Logan from running down the hill.
Camille rode in the bike trailor. It worked really well down the trail. And as you can see she fell asleep on Logan's shoulder. What a nice big brother. Since it was all downhill from the start, of course the last of it was uphill. It nearly killed me, but I made it and so did Madelyn without anyone having to carry her at any point.
Later we went to this old town place. There were little shops you know the typical tourist traps. They did have a cool water wheel and a lot of cool rocks. We put the kids in jail and put a coonskin hat on Camille.

4 comments:

The Jones :) said...

How fun!! Looks like a good camping trip...I dread going camping because of everything to pack and get ready...and I only have ONE kid :) Good for you Jana!! And YES...you'll be invited to my shower this time ;)
-Becki :)

Rachel said...

The first in a parade of camping trips/ reunions! Looks fun, but I am glad that I only have to do the camping thing once this summer. =) I am looking forward to the one though-- see you there!

Jeff and Lacy said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I wish that we would have been able to make it...there's always next year!

Tara said...

It sounds like you all had a fun time! I wish we could have been there! I feel bad about missing everything this year. But I am sure we will have a lot of fun next year! I love bryce, I am so sad we missed it. We will have to get the kids together and do something fun!