Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sisyphus!


Sisyphus was punished by the Gods. His punishment was he had to push a boulder up a hill everyday only to have it roll back down again. He had to do this for eternity. That sounds a lot like housework. I do the dishes everyday, only to have them fill up the sink that very same day. Or how about that laundry. Since there's is now 6 of us, I feel like I always have laundry to do. It seems like there is never ending cleaning. I wonder after I pick up a room, why in the world it looks like a pig sty 10 minutes after I clean it. I have the answer. Madelyn, Abby, Logan and Mike. I put no blame on Camille yet, the only messes she makes on the floor is spit-up. But I guess it's just part of life. If my house is too clean, then I probably neglecting my kids. So I guess I can live with a house that's a little dirty if I can spend time with my kids.

5 comments:

The Jones :) said...

I agree...you just keep playing with your kids!! Maybe I'll make that plaque for you that says..."My house was clean yesterday...sorry you missed it" :)
-Becki :)

Rachel said...

clean houses are overrated. =) I hope so anyway-- mine is always in turmoil this summer with my crazy schedule. Kids grow up too fast-- the house will wait.

Kerri said...

I'm with you! I have been pushing that boulder up the hill for a long time but it's worth it because kids are the best!

Logg said...

I'm sorry I'm such an absentee blog-friend.
I'm so happy you give a shout out to you and Mike meeting on the grounds crew. Oh the times we had.

Jaclyn B. said...

My mother has a quote on her kitchen wall that says, "Boring women have emaculate houses." Aren't you glad your children will never accuse you of being boring?!