Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A "truly amazing" trip!
















We spent a week in Pennsylvania with Mike's sister Kerri and her family. We had a great time. We went to see the Amish, to the Chocolate World in Hershey, to the Crayola Factory, New York and saw Shrek, Palmyra and saw the Hill Cumorah, Sacred Grove, Grandin Press, Peter Whitmer farm and the Susquehanna river and the Priesthood monument. Whew, now that I have that out of the way, it was a great trip. We had fun with the cousins and seeing all the sights, I have never been back there. The kids loved the plane ride. I'm going to throw a bunch of pics up. I'm going to make a list of my personal highlights in no particular order:
1: taking a bus tour of New York and seeing all of down town.
2: seeing Shrek on Broadway.
3. Logan having to go to the potty 7000 times.
4. The priesthood monument and river, I really felt the spirit there.
5. Swimming in the hotel until 11:00 on Friday and having the resulting meltdowns from each kid on Saturday.
6. Seeing all the trees and green all over the place.
7. Not having to make any dinners.
8. Hearing the kids say wow, that's cool.
9. Watching them roll down the Hill Cumorah.
10. listening to all the honking horns in NY, seriously, if you don't move RIGHT when the light turns green...

Anyways there you have it. We had a great time, it's been a little hard to come home, but we're adjusting again. Thanks Kerri and Paul for your hospitality and generosity!

5 comments:

Jeff and Lacy said...

Very cool. A much deserved vacation!

Rachel said...

Sounds fun! I love New York and can't wait to take my family back there someday to the Hill Cumorah and all the sights! Glad you had fun and made it home safely!

Kayla Pearson said...

So happy to hear you had a great time with your family! We love you!

Gasaway Family said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Glad you guys could go and have a fun time.

Hupp Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I've never been to the east coast. You'll have to give us some tips when we plan a trip. Glad your back!