Friday, December 11, 2009
Potty Training
Okay so I have a problem that I need help with. It involves Logan and potty training, which we have been doing for over a year. The kid just will not go to the potty on his own. Plus when I ask him to go, it's a total meltdown. He hides in a corner and crosses his legs. He always smells like pee, I know my kid's the stinky kid. I've tried bribes and taking stuff away, and leaving him underwearless. He also has frequent #2 accidents because he won't go and those are always fun to clean up. Any advice would be helpful, I'm trying not to get mad, because that just makes it worse, but after I've changed his underwear for the 5th time it's really frustrating. Anyways let me know what you all have done with hard to potty train kids. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sorry I have no advice since both my girls potty trained so easy, but I am scared for the boys! Let me know if you get any great ideas! We miss you guys! If you are ever up this way give us a call (same number), we'd love to have you over.
With my son we just totally took the pressure off for awhile and let him decide when he was ready. When he started to show interest again we stayed home for an entire weekend and let him run around totally naked. We gave him lots and lots of juice so he would need to go alot. Of course he was our only kid at the time so we didn't have to worry about privacy. We also kept candy in the bathroom out of reach but where he could see it. He knew he would get one every time he went so he would try to go alot. This worked for him.
Every kid is different though so what works for one might not work for another. The most important thing is really not to get frustrated. Potty training is not a competition. It has nothing to do with how smart or how mature a child is. But it does have alot to do with how the child thinks the parent feels about them. Make sure to be super excited every time he goes. When he has an accident do not punish him for it. Just say oh well we'll try to get there next time.
They won't wear diapers forever it just feels that way. Good luck!
How old is he? My son that will be 4 in February still isn't potty trained. It's making me crazy! He's SO strong willed that I know until HE wants to do it, I don't even have a chance.
He's gotten to the point where he poops in his potty almost every time but not pee. Weird if you ask me. He won't stand up to pee either.
I'm still just waiting. And spending 5 million a month on pull ups. :-S
Post a Comment